When I was younger, I had a less than pleasant experience with flavored cream cheese. Nothing truly horrific, but bad enough that I steered clear of the stuff for years. Plain cream cheese was good enough for me. Until a friend introduced me to honey walnut cream cheese. There was no going back.
Sweet and perfectly creamy, honey walnut cream cheese is the perfect compliment to my favorite honey grain bagels and sweet bagels like cinnamon sugar. If you are allergic to walnuts, or just not a fan, omit the walnuts and enjoy a decadent honey cream cheese. Either way, this cream cheese is irresistible!
- 4 ounces cream cheese*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- * I always use Neufchâtel cheese instead of cream cheese because it is lighter and I prefer the taste. You are welcome to use your favorite cream cheese.
- Combine cream cheese, vanilla and honey in a small bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until all ingredients are well incorporate and cream has a whipped, fluffly texture. Scrape down sides of bowl with a spatula as needed.
- Stir in walnuts with a spatula and spread on your favorite bagel.
- Leftovers may be stored in an airtight container.