With only a handful of ingredients, these delicious and nutritious banana cookies are easily one of my favorite snacks.
Friends, there a two recipe claims I am sick of hearing.
The first is that a recipe only has 2 or 3 ingredients, but one of the ingredients is cake mix or cream of something soup (gross).
The second is when a recipe claims to be healthy or “skinny”, and the nutritional information is downright scary.
I promise this is not the case with these cookies.
These banana cookies have become my favorite post-workout snack.
I usually crave sweets when I exercise (not a great habit), and these cookies satisfy my craving and won’t negate my hard work in the gym!
The basic recipe is one banana to ½ cup of oats, but I like to add mix-ins like cinnamon, chocolate chips and toasted coconut.
Delicious and guilt free- that’s my kind of cookie!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Optional Extras (up to 1 cup total)
- Chocolate Chips
- Toasted Coconut
- Mash bananas until smooth (you can see from the photos that I'm making a double batch with 4 bananas). Mix in oats, cinnamon and vanilla, and stir until well mixed. Add your extra ingredients. I used chocolate chips, walnuts and toasted coconut for this batch. I added 1/2 cup of each ingredient (for my double batch- 1/4 cup for a single batch).
- Spoon batter onto greased cookie sheet (or my favorite Silpat!). These cookies will not flatten or spread in the oven, so you may need to use a spoon to flatten and shape each cookie.
- Bake at for 12 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, and allow to cool. Cookies will be very soft and easy to break before they cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container and enjoy after a work out or as a healthy treat.